Financial Aid Information for 2019-2020
COLLEGE HEAD START PROGRAM
Our College Head-Start program enables highly motivated students to earn 10-15 college credits a year in the 11th and the 12th grade while fulfilling their High School graduation requirements through our partnerships with SUNY Farmingdale, Albany, CUNY College Now Program, Queens College as well as College Board Advanced placement courses.
In an effort to minimize the barriers between High School and College, students are supported through our academically challenging curriculum, our free college courses, our college application and essays writing advisors and our college visits.
JIMMY HAYES ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Jimmy Hayes was a prominent member of the Flushing community. His philanthropic efforts were felt by many over the years throughout Queens. He was also a member of the RFK family as his daughter, Jeanine, graduated in June, 2003. Jimmy’s untimely passing in 2004 left a void that needed to be filled.
In 2005 the Jimmy Hayes Alumni Foundation Scholarship was formed through a collaborative effort involving both community leaders and Robert F. Kennedy Community High School. The goal of the foundation is to continue the good works of Jimmy Hayes in the form of monetary scholarships to deserving RFK graduates. While our scholarship awards are currently modest, our ultimate goals are indeed grand with the hope of one day being able to award a full college scholarship each year.
Students eligible for the scholarship must:
· Have attended RFK for their entire high school career.
· Have been accepted to a 4 year college or university.
· Maintain full-time student status at a 4 year college or university for the duration of the scholarship. (The scholarship award will be distributed in 4 equal amounts upon the receipt by the foundation of the current terms college program.)
· Have completed the community service requirement with exemplary ratings. (Candidates must submit letters of recommendation from site supervisor and community service coordinator.)
· Submit an essay explaining why they are a worthy recipient of the scholarship.
The committee will pay special attention to students who have taken advantage of the opportunities provided to them through school and the community. Successful candidates will have shown marked growth academically, socially, and emotionally over their 4 years in school.
To make tax deductible donations, please send a check (no cash please) to Robert F. Kennedy Community High School, 75-40 Parsons Boulevard, Flushing, New York 11366.